Welcome to Creatives Grab Coffee, a podcast on the business of video production, hosted by Dario Nouri and Kyrill Lazarov from Lapse Productions.
Our goal is to make the video production industry smaller by creating a sense of community. Whether you are a creative, an entrepreneur, or a professional there is knowledge for you to learn. Join us as we have industry professionals from around the world come on the show and share their insights on the industry and business. Welcome to Creatives Grab Coffee. Welcome to Video Production.
This weeks guest is Judah Hernandez from Black & White Media. Black & White media is an award winning video production company and video marketing company. They create visuals that impact and connect their clients target audiences.
Here are some of the main topics we discussed in this episode:
- 00:00:00-00:00:42 – Intro
- 00:00:42-00:02:44 – How 2022 is going so far (Jan/Feb)
- 00:02:45-00:05:20 – How do you deal with big projects getting canceled?
- 00:05:21-00:09:19 – Working on your business when times are slow
- 00:09:20-00:10:08 – Size of your team?
- 00:10:09-00:13:20 – Having people around you that you can trust
- 00:13:21-00:14:45 – LAPSE background
- 00:14:46-00:16:03 – If 2021 had no restrictions
- 00:16:04-00:18:59 – Adding live streaming services
- 00:19:00-00:20:25 – Discovering challenges clients face
- 00:20:26-00:22:48 – When clients object your solution
- 00:22:49-00:27:05 – Tolerating resistance and stamping your authority
- 00:27:06-00:29:58 – How Judah got started
- 00:29:59-00:32:17 – Soccer talk break
- 00:32:18-00:33:31 – Team structure
- 00:33:32-00:41:12 – Adding partners to a business + working with your team
- 00:41:13-00:49:09 – Accepting crypto payments
- 00:49:10-00:50:57 – Biggest challenge an entrepreneur faces
- 00:50:58-00:52:51 – Successful entrepreneurs say yes and then figure it out
- 00:52:52-00:55:41 – Sometimes you have to look backwards to see how far you’ve come
- 00:55:42-00:59:12 – What was your turning point
- 00:59:13-01:02:00 – What was your turning point pt2 (proposals)
- 01:02:01-01:06:54 – Educating clients on the video process
- 01:06:55-01:09:45 – Future challenges
- 01:09:46-01:10:59 – How he came up with the name
- 01:11:00 – Ending
Produced by LAPSE PRODUCTIONS – www.LapseProductions.com